Tuesday, October 9, 2018

W1/HA-179 Oak Hill

After activating Bear Mountain I drove over here to get another summit in before heading home. This peak is an easy drive-up in Madison. From Rt 113, go up Eidelweiss Drive to Oak Ridge Road, which takes you to the summit. It had started to rain lightly, but not enough for me to cancel the activation.
Helpful sign letting you know there's a scenic vista here.
There was no one else there, so I didn't feel bad using the entire picnic table. The clouds were low, but there were still some views down over the ponds below. I started on 20 meters, and worked  quite a few stations, including one in Spain. Thirty and 40 didn't get as many contacts. I tried 2 meters, but didn't have any luck there.
At least the leaves were in full color.

I was in contact with Rex, KE6MT, so he could try and get a complete, but it didn't work out. The sun was setting and the mist wasn't letting up, so I packed up for the long drive back home in the dark and rain.

Trailhead: Top of Oak Ridge Road.
Website: SOTA Site.
Route: Walk over to the table.
Red Tape: None.
A very red maple.

No comments:

Post a Comment