Monday, July 27, 2026

W6/SS-435

 I was on the summit of Noname Peak, and it seemed foolish not to tag this peak while I was on the ridge. It was a quick and steep descent to the small sub-peak on the ridge, then a short climb up to the top. I looked around, and noted my ascent to record in Peakbagger later.

Along the ridge.

There were a few cliffy areas to avoid on the way to the main col, but the cliff bands were short enough that it was easy to go around if they were too high to step over. I managed to arrive at the high point of the col to avoid extra climbing. I did stop, however, to empty the sand out of my shoes.


Near the summit.

 The climb up to the summit wasn't long or hard, but felt that way after the big climb up to Noname Peak. I was at the summit pretty quickly. On the air, band conditions seemed better, and I quickly got enough contacts. The weather, however, seemed to be getting worse. The breeze was cool, and it seemed like a storm front was making in. I wasn't in the mood to linger, so I packed up after a short time.



The descent was steep and sandy. I had to stop multiple times to empty the sand out of my shoes. I really was wishing for some gaiters. At the bottom is a small stream. It was a little tricky finding a place where I could jump across, since the brush was so thick along both sides. After crossing it was quick back to the car along a dirt road.

 

Trailhead: Nine Mile Canyon Road, at the LA aqueduct.
Website: SOTA Site.
Route: Use the access road to cross the canyon, then pick you own way to the top.
Red Tape: None.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment