Thursday, October 17, 2019

W6/SC-352 Mount Helix

Mount Helix is an easy drive up peak in San Diego. I stopped by on my way to the airport to kill some time before heading home. Your GPS can get you to the top, where there is a small lot with room for less than a dozen cars.
Looking over at Dictionary Hill
There is a paved path to the top on one side, and an amphitheater on the other. I walked around to the shady side, and found a small clearing to set up in. Adam K6ARK was on his way over, and arrived shortly after I started operating. He had made a tiny single lever paddle, so I had to try it out.
A joint activation.
The paddle was great to use, and I made lots of contacts. Adam didn't want to operate, so once I was done I packed up and we headed out.
Summit amphitheater.
Trailhead: Drive up.
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA SOTA Hikes map.
Route: There is only 1 trail to the summit.
Red Tape: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment