Thursday, October 17, 2019

W6/SC-366 Dictionary Hill

Along with Mount Helix, Dictionary Hill is one of the easy peaks in San Diego. On the advice of Adam K6ARK I started at the trailhead at the end of Ivy St, on the north side of the hill. There was plenty of street parking on the hill. The trail starts behind two locked gates, but there were ways around them.
The trail was rather eroded.
It is about 0.4 miles to the summit from this trailhead. It was a quick hike, but quite hot. There are no trees or shade on the hill. The views from the top were decent, but it was pretty hazy. I used a small bush to hold my pole and got on the air.
Large fire ring at the summit. Looking south.
The bands didn't seem to be in very good condition, but I made plenty of contacts anyways. I was getting pretty hot, so I didn't spend too long on top.
More views.
Trailhead: End of Ivy Street.
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA SOTA Hikes map.
Route: Go around the gates, then follow the trail uphill to the summit.
Red Tape: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment