Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 119, 10-15

--> Greasy Creek Gap, 16.6 miles

There was a beautiful sunrise. I enjoyed it while eating breakfast and using the open air privy, the first one since Damascus. I left before Pivot Dude and quickly got up to the first bald. It was beautiful on the balds. There were about three miles all out of the trees. Just as pretty as the Grayson Highlands. I got to Carvers Gap, then ran up Roan Mountain. I stopped by the shelter on top, the highest on the AT. It was then a pleasant walk through the woods to the Gap. I followed the side trail down to the friendly (hostel). CeeCee, the owner, likes to talk, and is probably the friendliest hostel so far. Pivot Dude Showed up later. We both got dinner and watched movies all evening. A nice way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment