Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 141, 11-6

--> Woody Gap, 10.7 miles

We took our time getting ready because it was very foggy out. The climb up Blood Mountain was shorter and easier than I thought it would be. It was still foggy at the top, so no views. There was a long slow descent. At Woody Gap Fresh Grounds was set up and cooking food for hikers. I had been told before that there was food there, so I nearly ran there. Upon my arrival, Rooster and Pancake started making me some eggs, and shortly later Bison, Chickadee, and Rainbow Braid arrived. Pivot Dude got here, and they started cooking more food. We decided to stay and spend the afternoon and night here, and it was a lot of fun hanging out with other hikers. Fresh Grounds and Chickadee made a resupply run and brought back a cake, beer, and wine. We played ninja, and did a tequila shot every few rounds. I even managed to win a few rounds. Rainbow Braid made an Indian dish for dinner, which was really good. We stayed up very late talking, then eventually went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment