Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 133, 10-29

--> Sassafras Gap Shelter, 21.8 miles

This morning was overcast but relatively warm. I ate and packed up, used the flush toilet, then headed out. As I was leaving Walker Gap the sun started to show through the fog. It was a good day after that. Cable Gap Shelter still had the register from early this year and it was fn to flip through it to see the people I had met up north. After the next shelter we went down Jacob's ladder. It was New England steep. Pivot Dude then decided he didn't want to do such a long day so he stopped at Stecoah Gap and went to a hostel. I'll meet him at the NOC tomorrow. From there it was a long uphill to Cheoah Bald. Its a very hairy bald. There were some guys camped at the top. I then dropped down to the gap here, and have the shelter to myself. Today was my fourth 20 in a row. Tomorrow is seven downhill to the Nantahala Outdoor Center, where showers, laundry, food, and beer are waiting. Only 144 miles left!

No comments:

Post a Comment