Tuesday, June 4, 2019

ON/ON-016 Les Aisances

After getting two summits in France I had time for one more. This peak was on the way, so I made a small detour to activate it. ON7DQ had posted an extremely helpful chart of all the Benelux summits with GPS coordinates for the best place to park and walking time. I simply plugged the location into my gps and followed it.
Looking down the path.
The parking spot was on a side road at a trailhead. I parked and walked around a bit to find the best place to set up. It was great not being right next to a busy road like I was on the French summits I had done just before.
On the way back to the car.
I managed to put the flaky cable on such that it worked the first time, but I still didn't get very many contacts. I wasn't too upset. It was my third summit and second new association of the day, and it was nice just sitting in the woods. When I got bored I packed up and headed back to the car to drive to my hotel in Luxembourg City.

Trailhead: 49.756654, 5.199489
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA/P SOTA Map 
Route: None, just setup.
Red Tape: None that I'm aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment