Wednesday, June 5, 2019

LX/LX-004 Widderbierg

After getting my first Luxembourg summit I headed over to this one. Again I used this great chart to find the best parking spot. I parked at the crossroads just off the road. I figured it would be obvious how to get to the high point so I just set off into the woods along the path.
Dense forest on the way.
From an efficiency point of view, this was a big mistake. I ended up taking a rather roundabout route to the top, but I did enjoy the walk. Near the high point there is an old tower in the middle of the woods. I setup along the path near the tower. ON7DQ has a great write up with better direction for this summit.
At the tower.
I had no trouble getting my contacts. It got cloudy and windy while I was on the summit, so I packed up once I started getting cold. I took the more direct route back to the car, and was there in a few minutes. Back on the road I headed for my hotel in Echternach, where the plan was to hike part of the Mullerthal Trail the next day.

Trailhead: 49.648870, 6.319931
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA/P SOTA Map 
Route: Stay to the left at the first intersection and head up the hill.
Red Tape: None that I'm aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment