Tuesday, June 4, 2019

FL/NO-006 Les Dames de Meuse

After activating Bois Bryas it was a short drive over to this summit. Since this peak also has a very large activation zone I decided to just park along the road inside it and operate from there.
Antenna along the road.
I put up my antenna and got set up. When I tried to tune it, though, the tuner didn't do anything. I wasn't sure what the problem was, so I check a few things then tried again. It worked this time. I put up a spot and started calling CQ, but didn't get many responses. Eventually I got six contacts. I discovered the next day that the cable connecting the radio to the tuner had become intermittent. It was not a very pleasant place to operate, with cars zooming past. I had had enough of France, so I decided to get a Belgian summit before heading to the hotel.

Trailhead: Pullout on the side of road D988.
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA/P SOTA Map 
Route: Find somewhere to park in the activation zone.
Red Tape: None that I'm aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment