Thursday, June 6, 2019

LX/LX-003 Kiirchbësch

After spending the day hiking part of the Mullerthal Trail, I went back to do some more SOTA. First up were the two remaining summits in Luxembourg. From the hotel I followed my GPS to the coordinates provided by ON7DQ in this post. The dirt road seemed a bit rough for my rental car, so I parked near the bottom of it and just walked up. While I was operating I did see a car drive by, so it is possible to drive up to the top.
Looking back down the road. I parked around the bend.
It was a short walk up to the top. Even without a map it was obvious how to get to the high point. This summit was much more defined that the other ones I had done so far. I walked past the cabin and found a spot off the road in the woods where I could set up.
Cabin in the woods. It seemed like this area is logged regularly.
I had five summits planned for the day, so I didn't linger. There was rain in the forecast too. Once I put out a spot I got my four contacts. After a few more CQs with no responses I decided to pack up and head over to the fourth and last summit in Luxembourg.

Trailhead: 49.89187, 6.22486
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA/P SOTA Map 
Route: Follow the road up to the top. Go up at any intersections.
Red Tape: None that I'm aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment