Saturday, June 8, 2019

ON/ON-025 Burteaumont

This is another easy peak near Stavelot, Belgium. After spending the night in town, I got up and drove over to the coordinates provided by ON7DQ. Turning off the main road where the GPS indicated, I saw a sign that seemed to indicate I wasn't allowed to drive up. My French is pretty terrible, so I decided not to take a chance, and just walked up.
The main road and where I parked are just on the other side of the house.
It was a quick walk. On the crest of the ridge I turned to go up to the high point, but noticed a red sign on the tree. Even with my poor French and Dutch I could see that it indicated no trespassing. So I turned around and set up on the side of the road I had just walked up.
Finally a peak with a view.
I used a fence post to hold my pole and strung out the antenna. I put out a spot and quickly got my contacts. The forecast was for rain in the afternoon, so I didn't linger since I had 4 more summits I wanted to get before returning the car.

Trailhead: 50.400523, 5.979388
Website: SOTA Site
Maps: AA6XA/P SOTA Map 
Route: Walk up the road to the intersection with the no trespassing sign. Set up there.
Red Tape: None that I'm aware of.
The high point is down that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment