Sunday, June 9, 2019

ON/ON-026 Le Mont d'Henri-Chapelle

This peak was the final drive-up peak I did on this vacation. After getting Signal de Botrange, the Belgian high point, I drove over to the coordinates provided by ON7DQ. The location he recommends is at the end of a small road, with a picnic table and viewpoint. The sun was peeking through the clouds, so I thought it might not rain like it was forecasted to.
Not a lot of space to set up, but enough.
I used the trash can stand to hold up my pole, and got on the air. As I wash finishing up the third contact it started to rain. I quickly covered everything and put on my raincoat. Lucky for me, there was a fourth chaser waiting when I got back on. I made the contact, then called CQ once more to see if there was anyone else. Not getting any replies, I packed up.
The view over the valley is probably even nicer on a clear day.
This was probably the shortest activation I've ever done, but it was enough and I didn't get too wet. In the car I drove over to the Belgium-Germany-Netherlands triple point to tag the Netherlands high point before heading over to get a summit in the country.

Trailhead: 50.677059, 5.920479
Website: SOTA Site
Maps: AA6XA/P SOTA Map 
Route: Just set up there.
Red Tape: None that I'm aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment