Thursday, June 6, 2019

LX/LX-001 Steekammchen

After activating Kiirchbesch I drove over to get the last summit in Luxembourg. Again, I used the coordinates from ON7DQ to find the best parking spot. Since I was coming from the southeast, the GPS took me up some dirt roads to get to the summit. I discovered on my way down that if you come up from the village on the north side the road is paved almost all the way to the top.
Some bushes blooming on the way to the top.
The parking spot may have been in the activation zone, but I got out and walked up a little more to get to the highest point to set up. I found a reasonably dry place to sit on the side of a path, and put up my antenna.
Calling CQ
The sun came out briefly while I was operating, which was nice. I had no trouble getting the contacts I needed. Since there were three more summits I wanted to do, I didn't hang out too long on top. Back at the car I made a small detour on my way to Schwarzer Mann to tag the high point of Luxembourg.
One of the only views I had that day.
Trailhead: 49.9712, 5.95437
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA/P SOTA Map 
Route: Follow the road up to the top. Go up at any intersections.
Red Tape: None that I'm aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment