Wednesday, June 5, 2019

LX/LX-002 Grengenwald

After spending the morning walking around Luxembourg City I headed back to the countryside to get some more summits. First up was Grengenwald. I parked where ON7DQ recommended in his super useful chart. I had trouble finding the turn off and drove past it and had to turn around. I parked off to the side, not blocking the dirt roads.
Walking up the path.
I started up the track. At the signed intersection I turned left. This section was very flat, and probably went over the highest point, but it is so flat it is hard to tell. I was in no hurry, so I kept walking around looking for a good place to operate from. I'm glad I did because I found a picnic table on the side of the path. It doesn't look like Luc found the table when he came here.
Table with my antenna pole.
I got set up and went to tune the antenna. Again, nothing happened. After trying a few things, I realized that the cable that connects the rig to the tuner had become intermittent. Luckily I had brought 2 feed lines because I had been having issues with one of mine. So I used one to replace the short connecting cable and got on the air.
Very peaceful in the woods.
The WPX contest was going on, so I started on 30. I quickly got a small pileup. After working through it I decided to try 40 since I had seen a number of other spots there. I was surprised that it was easy to find an open frequency. I worked the chasers there, then decided to pack up and head over to Widderbierg.

Trailhead: 49.670951, 6.206298
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA/P SOTA Map 
Route: Up the track to the right, then left at the signed intersection.
Red Tape: None that I'm aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment