Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 100, 9-26

--> Laurel Creek Shelter, 21.2 miles

One hundred days. Wow. Time flies when you're having fun. We woke up at 6:15 then got breakfast. Shortly after we headed back to the read crossing where I finished yesterday, and said goodbye. I started the day with a long climb. By the time I got down the other side of the mountain the fog had burned off. I climbed up the next ridge, and walked along it for a while. At the bottom is the largest Oak on the AT in the South. The one in NY is bigger. I walked through some fields and over a million fence stiles, then made it to the shelter. Just below are large stands of Rhododendron. It would be nice in the spring. Over the past 100 days my average miles per day is 15.2. Tomorrow I'll pass the 70% mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment