Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 108, 10-4

--> Chatfield Shelter, 18.4 miles

Today was warm, warmer than it should be in October. At the first read crossing this morning there was some trail magic. The first since Vermont. I walked through a lot of fields today, which was a nice change from the forest but not so nice in the sun. I passed the 75% mark, then had lunch at what looked like an old shelter. There was a picnic table, privy, and a set of old steps. I got to I-81 and crossed it for the fourth and final time. As I was crossing the road on the other side a guy in a pickup asked if I saw the coolers a few miles back. It turns out he was the person who put them there. I thanked him, finished crossing the road, then went to the gas station to get a soda and snack. I sat there for a while then headed out. I was going to stop at the Settlers Museum, but it was closed, and the note said something about government funding. Does this mean the government has actually shut down? This shelter is right by a stream, and I was able to soak my feet for a while. Its been a long time since I've been able to do that. Tomorrow is a short day to the Partnership Shelter and Marion, for resupply and takeout pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment