Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 106, 10-2

--> Jenkins Shelter, 23.8 miles

Today was long but not hard. It was relatively warm when I woke up, which made packing a bit more pleasant. This morning was on a bumpy ridge. I ran into Dad (the section hiker) partway through. I met him at the Peru Peak Shelter in Vermont. He was doing a section from TN to Pearisburg. I didn't expect to see him ever again and it was a nice surprise. At the bottom of the hill someone had left some bottles of water, where I filled up and had lunch. I then Crossed I-77 on a road walk. Haven't had one of those in a while. The afternoon was on another ridge, which had a few views.

There are a number of signs up warning of bear encounters near this shelter. Hopefully they'll stay away this evening, along with the mice and other annoying animals. Also, the end of Virginia is in sight, only another 100 miles. And less than 600 miles to Springer!

No comments:

Post a Comment