Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 102, 9-28

--> Stealth Campsite, 20 miles

I woke up and got going this morning. I climbed up to the ridge and walked along the border for most oft he morning. The section on the ridge really needed some maintenance, mostly with a weed-whacker. I stopped at the Rice Field shelter for lunch. There is a nice view from the field in front of it. I then dropped down to the New River. One spot was so badly marked I couldn't find the trail for at least 30 minutes. The Outdoor Club of Virginia Tech really needs to come out more. I finally made it to Pearisburg where I had an early dinner at a mexican restaurant, did a resupply, and had a pint of Ben & Jerry's. I got back ot the trail and walked until I found a campsite, then stopped and set up. Tomorrow I'm going to the Woods Hole Hostel, and I'll very likely take a zero there.

No comments:

Post a Comment