Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 43, 7-31

--> Vt 11/30,  10.1 miles

Dad (the section hiker) woke up early, so I got up fairly early- at 5:30ish. I packed up and ate breakfast, finishing both my peanut butter and Nutella. I left at 6:30 and quickly got up to Peru Peak, then the other peak on the ridge. It was down to Mad Tom Notch where I had a snack. The trail then went up Bromley Mountain, and there were some views at the top. It was down a ski trail briefly, then back in the woods. I thought I saw the shelter, so I thought I'd sign the register, but it was just the privy.

It took about 30 minutes to get a hitch into town. I got a now pair of shorts, some food, and new tips for my poles. I ate a large pizza for lunch. I called the hostel and Jeff came and picked me up. I took a shower and did some laundry. It's been a relaxing afternoon. I ate my pint of Ben & Jerry's while watching a documentary on the PCT. Some other hikers made a good dinner which they shared, and there was some good conversation. There may be a movie later, then sleep. Back to the trail tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment