Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 58, 8-15

--> Graymoor Ballfield, 18.8 miles

The NOBOs stayed up really late and talked loudly near the shelter. Once they left I was able to get some sloop. I hope the NOBOs tonight aren't partyers. Today felt like a long day. At the top of the first hill there was a 9-11 memorial flag painted on the rock and a view. The rest of the day was in the trees. My ankles started to hurt about 10 miles in. I made it, though. I'm at a ball field at the Graymoor Spiritual Life Center. The friars let hikers sleep in the field and pavilion. There is also an outlet and some electric lights, a very fancy shelter. Tomorrow I get my tew shoes. The last 780 miles have don a nimber on them. The thicker soles will be nice. There is also a deli one mile south where I'll get breakfast. Tomorrow will be good.

Most of the SOBOs from yesterday arrived, and Stinky Jesus and Nightwalker got in late. A fire was built, and a good time had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment