Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 74, 8-31

--> Alec Kennedy Shelter, 29.5 miles

I woke up at the usual time, and packet up all of my stuff. I had some pie, grapes, peanut butter, and a hard boiled egg for breakfast, then headed out. The trail was rocky the first few miles until the bottom of the hill after the pipeline south of Duncannon. Then they stopped. I had lunch at the Darlington Shelter, but it was so hot and humid I wasn't very hungry. From there the AT drops into the Cumberland Valley for ~18 miles. This section was very flat and hot. A few miles out of Boiling Springs it started to raid and there were a few rumbles of thunder. I got to the ATC mid-Atlantic office in Boiling Springs and took a break on their porch. There were some Christians there, and one was arguing that humility was more important than love. I don't buy it.

I at some mashed potatoes I found in the hiker box, then decided I didn't want to camp when everything was all wet, so I pushed on to the shelter. I made it just before dark. There are a bunch of weekenders here, and one other SOBO I haven't met yet. Tomorrow I plan to go to the Ironmaster's Mansion Hostel for a shower and some laundry. Hopefully the storms will cool everything off a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment