Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 81, 9-7

--> Denton Shelter, 10.0 miles

Today was pretty short and easy. I took my time this morning and left late, but still got to the shelter at 12:30. About a mile before there is a big meadow which had a bunch. I took a long break there. Two weekenders showed up. The guy is very loud and seems to be trying to impress his girl. Its fun to watch him strut around. Tomorrow I'm going into Front Royal to resupply. Depending on how quickly I get there I'll have brunch and/or lunch there as well. Then into SNP. I don't think I've been there before, so it should be fun. Lots of Waysides and picnic areas to get food.

Two more guys, then three ladies showed up. Lots of people here now. Someone also left a bit of Jim Bean in the cooking shelter, so I took care of it. Wouldn't want it to go to waste. The three ladies got a fire going, so I went over and talked to them for a while. They seemed like nice people.

No comments:

Post a Comment