Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 88, 9-14

--> Rockfish Gap, 7.5 miles

It was pretty chilly when I woke up, so I ate in my bag then packed up quickly. The short climb to the top of Calf Mountain warmed me up. There were views on top of Little Calf Mountain. The trail is then mostly downhill to Rockfish Gap, the south end of SNP and the north end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I walked up to the visitors center and found that there is a hostel in Waynesboro. I called, but they had closed for the season.I called a different person and got a ride into town. I got a free shower at the YMCA, then went to the library for the computer. I then went to Ming Gardens Buffet for lunch. After lunch I did some laundry then got a hair cut. I went to Walmart to get some orange, then to the grocery store. After all of these errands I went back to the hiker campsite in town and had some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment