Monday, June 17, 2013

10 Days of Food

I assembled all of the food I'll be taking through the 100-mile wilderness. Ten days of food. It includes such delicacies as minute rice, instant mashed potatoes, ramen noodles, pita bread, peanut butter, various bars, dehydrated beans and veggies, and more. 
And it (mostly) all fit in my food bag. That's a 20-liter stuff sack. The bread and peanut butter will have to start outside the "official" food bag for lack of space.
It weighs about 16 pounds, not including the two powerades. That's about as much as all of the other stuff I'm bringing.

I also have the first mail drop I'm sending myself in Monson, ME. After Monson, the towns I'll be going near all have grocery stores where I'll buy food for the next section.

 

1 comment:

  1. June 19th...I hope everything is on schedule. Have an amazing journey. Wishing you all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete