Sunday, September 1, 2013

Living on a Prayer

I'm at the Ironmaster's Mansion Hostel in Pine Grove Furnace State Park in PA. I am a few miles north of the halfway point and I'll pass it tomorrow. To celebrate I'll leave this video. I don't think I could say or do anything more awesome. Watch it, it's one of my favorites, and made by a southbounder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnFMQ2NAgyk The weather has been very hot and humid the past few days, and I hope it cools off soon. I really don't like hiking in such humidity.

Some other thoughts I've had while hiking:
-Why is Nutella so good? Probably because the first ingredient is sugar.
-Have you ever read the ingredients list of a package of Goldfish? The very first one, before the flour, is my favorite.
-"Potable Water" is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to see.
-You know you need to do laundry when someone standing on the other side of the site (~20 feet away) comments on how bad your socks smell.
-Cold instant mashed potatoes is an excellent dinner or snack.

Fewer than 1100 miles to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment