Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 65, 8-22

--> Leroy A Smith Shelter, 20.2 miles

I slept well in the hostel. I woke up late, at 6:30, and had some granola that was left by previous hikers. I got back on the trail at 7:30. It was very humid this morning as I climbed out of Delaware Water Gap, and it was unpleasant. It was the kind of humidity that just sucks away all of your energy. Once I got up, though, it was flat. The infamous Pennsylvania rocks started a few miles in. They are no fun to walk on, especially with worn out shoes. I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere so I put on some music after lunch. It really helped the miles go by.

The trail then dropped into Wind Gap, then climbed to the ridge on the other side. There were more rocks, then the shelter. As I was making dinner a thunderstorm rolled through. It is now cooler and less humid, and much more pleasant. I'm hoping it will cool off more as the sun goes down. Hot nights are not fun for sleeping. There were a lot fewer people on the trail. School is starting up, and I've passed all of the NOBOs so I think there will be fewer people out in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment