Monday, April 29, 2019

W6/CT-259 Bald Mountain

This peak is an easy drive up. From route 138, turn onto Ridge Route Road. Just after you pass the sign for the national forest, turn right onto the access road. The bottom part is paved and easy driving. After you pass what looks like a gate, it becomes much rougher. The sedan I had had no trouble getting up, but I did have to drive around some very large potholes.
Looking up at the summit.
It looked like there was stuff going on at the top, so I stayed near the bottom of the activation zone. After I got my four contacts, I packed up and got out.
Splashes of color across the Antelope Valley on the Tehachapi Mountains.
Trailhead: Drive to the summit.
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA SOTA Hikes map.
Route: Drive up.
Red Tape: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment