Monday, June 29, 2020

2020 June VHF Contest

I had been traveling for work a lot in the weeks leading up to the contest, so I didn't have the time to prepare my big contest station. I was also pretty tired, so I didn't really want to carry all that stuff up to a summit, set it up, and then carry it down. Instead I brought my HT to a peak and did a short contest.
Looking over at Mission Peak.
I decided to go to Mt Allison, since its close and not a difficult hike. I took my usual route, and set up in my usual spot. This time I had my SOTABeams 2m BPF, and it made operating a joy. Without it I couldn't hear anything on 2m, but with it in I had one of the best signals on the band.
Lots of RF on the summit.
I spent about 90 minutes operating on 146, 223, and 446 with only my HT. I made 40 contacts for a claimed score of 540. I think it was a good results for the amount of effort I put in, but we'll see how it compares when the scores are finally published.
Great views of Mission Peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment