Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Gossip Rock

While browsing the lists on Peakbagger, I discovered I was nearly halfway done with the Nifty Ninety list of peak and points in the Bay Area. I decided that this was an interesting new goal to work on. My first outing was to Gossip Rock, in Dry Creek Pioneer park in Union City. I got there near the published opening time, and the lot was nearly full already.
In the canyon on the way up
I took a roundabout route, since I was looking to get a five mile run in. The hike up to the top was nice, not too difficult. The rock itself was pretty underwhelming. I have no idea why someone decided it was a good place to add to the nifty ninety list. There are so many great places to go hiking in the bay area, why got to a sad little rock?
The rock in under the copse.
Close up of the rocks.
Thoroughly unimpressed, I continued on my run. There are some nice views over the bay as you head down the hill.
Looking west.
Back at the parking lot, every space was full and there were cars driving around looking for a spot. I left and let them have their fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment