Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Bald Mountain

Bald Mountain is a small peak on the side of Mt Umunhum. It is on the nifty ninety list, or I wouldn't have stopped for the walk up. There is a parking lot and a few roadside spots at the trailhead, on the road up to the summit of Umunhum. This is the only parking lot between the Hicks Road lot and the summit lot.
On the way up.

I knew it was an easy hike up, but I didn't realize how easy. There is basically no elevation gain from the parking lot to the summit. The trail is a fire road. The summit has barely any prominence, and is more a clear area with nice views. Possibly a nice spot for a picnic.
Almaden Reservoir.

It was a bit hazy, but there were still decent views. I'm not sure why this summit needs to be included on the list, Mt Umunhum is much more interesting and has even more and better views. Either way, I'm glad to check it off the list.
There were a few flowers out already in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment