Monday, May 13, 2019

W6/CT-265

This is an easy peak on the north side of the San Gabriel Mountains, near Palmdale. I hiked up from 4N32, which I think is the shortest route. From Aliso Canyon Road, turn right onto the dirt 4N32 and drive. I parked in a pullout at the first electrical pylon. Across the road I saw a use trail, which I took.
Use trail leading most of the way to the summit.
There is a short flat section, then it climbs steeply up. There were some eroded sections, but I had good footing both up and down. About a hundred feet below the summit the trail ends, so I bushwhacked the last few yards to the top. There is a large flat area on top.
View from the top.
I used a large yucca to hold my pole and got set up. There was good service at the top, and I had no trouble getting chasers. It was warm in the sun, but with the wind it was quite pleasant.
Looking west.
The hike up was quick, and the return was even quicker. There were about 25 minutes of hiking, round trip. Back at the car I headed over to Peak 3784 for another easy activation.
Parked at the pylon.
Trailhead: 4N32, at the first pylon.
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA SOTA Hikes map.
Route: Across the road, take the use trail up to the summit.
Red Tape: None. Watch out for trucks on 4N32.
Glad to be out in the sun again.

No comments:

Post a Comment