Tuesday, July 9, 2019

W4V/SH-030 Blue Mountain

This is an easy peak in the Shenandoah region of Virginia. I drove over after activating the Jefferson County high point in West Virginia. A section of Freezeland Road, VA 638, goes through the activation zone, and there are two reasonable spots to set up. There is the Trillium Trail parking area, or the tower access road. I used the tower road, which is across the street from Allegheny Road. I didn't see any trespassing signs, so I drove down to near the fence. After parking, I walked over to a shaded area and got set up.
Not a very interesting summit.
This is probably not the best spot, but it was easy. There was some noise from the towers nearby, but I had no trouble getting my contacts on 20 and 40. I didn't linger, since I needed to get back to the airport for my flight.

Trailhead: Tower access road.
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA SOTA Hikes map.
Route: Set up in a comfortable spot.
Red Tape: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment