Monday, July 16, 2018

W6/NC-335

The summit of this peak is in a backyard, but it is still possible to get into the activation zone. Near the top of Tindall Ranch Road there is space to park and setup. I left my house early in the morning, and got to the summit before the sun had made it over the ridge. The road up to the top is very narrow and steep, like many roads in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
Parking spot. 
I parked across from the driveway to the Split Rail ranch, which my topo map showed to be inside the activation zone. I setup my mag loop a few feet in front of my car, and got on the air. I had trouble matching it on 30, so I only worked 20 and 40. After getting four contacts on each band I packed up.
Setup and on the air.
This is not a very interesting summit, and I only did it for completeness, as it was one of three remaining summits in Santa Cruz.

Trailhead: End of Tindall Ranch Road.
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA SOTA Hikes map.
Route: Drive up.
Red Tape: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment