Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 46, 8-3

--> Seth Warner Shelter, 13.1 miles

Today was a short day and I didn't get out of my bag until 6:45. I hit the trail by 7:30 and quickly got to the road. The climb up the other side wasn't too steep. I signed the register at the top of the hill and then went to the shelter. Since my parents weren't home yesterday evening I called home and talked for a while. It sounds like everyone is doing well.

From there the trail goes over a couple of hills. Some of them were nice, and I had lunch on top of Consultation Hill. I wonder how it got its name. This shelter is the last one in Vermont. Tomorrow morning I'll cross into Massachusetts. I have to do a small resupply in North Adams, then I'll start climbing Mt. Greylock, the highest point in Massachusetts.

Quiver showed up a bit later. His "pack" is is stuff wrapped in his sleeping pad. He is a super ultralight hiker if there ever was one. River Song also got in at dark. Chickenman spent his last Long Trail night here too. He said he has some extra days, so he plans to do Greylock.

No comments:

Post a Comment