Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 60, 8-17

--> Wildcat Shelter, 19.6 miles

Pivot Dude and his family, as well as Booby Trap and Transition showed up later last night. We had a small fire. Their dog Suki is very needy- whining whenever they walked away. The first few miles this morning were pretty easy, and I quickly got to Lake Tiorati. I used the flush toilets and threw away my trash. There were a lot of people on the trail, but it is a Saturday. I went through the Lemon Squeezer, a narrow split boulder. My pack had to come off to get through.

The trail bumped along, and I crossed another interstate. Most of the road crossings had water caches, and I didn't have to worry about running out on this surprisingly dry section. This shelter is very buggy, and trashy. The NY-NJ Trail Conference seems to be terrible at maintaining shelters. I don't know why, because the trail was fine for the most part. Tomorrow I'm going into Greenwood Lake to resupply, then onto New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment