Friday, June 7, 2019

ON/ON-009 Iverst

This is an easy drive up summit on the Belgian-German border. It appears the high point is just on the Belgian side, hence the ON reference. There is a park with a large parking lot on the German side in the activation zone, but you have to pay to park there. Luckily for us, ON7DQ found a place on the Belgian side where you can park for free.
Looking back at the car through the woods.
I parked in the small pullout he found, then walked a short distance into the woods. I was looking for a small bush that I could use to support my pole, but I didn't see any good candidates. Instead I just found a good place to sit and strapped my pole to one of the big trees. It looked like rain, but the weather held the entire time I was on the summit.
The sun is trying to peek out.
I had no trouble getting the contacts I needed. It was a pleasant place to sit, in the middle of the open forest. When I got tired of calling CQ I packed up and drove to my hotel for the night. After checking in I went and got my fifth summit for the day.

Trailhead: 50.408333, 6.369756
Website: SOTA Site
Maps: AA6XA/P SOTA Map 
Route: Find somewhere nice to setup.
Red Tape: None that I'm aware of.
Looking up my pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment