Monday, November 6, 2023

W6/CT-241 Pedley Hills

This is not the most interesting summit I've done. It is, however, a short and easy hike. Drive up to the end of Lakeside Drive, and find a place to park in the neighborhood. At the end of the pavement, the dirt starts and it is a quarter mile up to the summit.

The summit is visible from the trailhead.

You can see where you want to go, so just walk on up. The eroded jeep trails are an easy walk, but would require some serios OHV capability to drive. The top is rocky, but it wouldn't be too hard to set up an HF antenna. I was short on time, so I did VHF only. It took about 15 minutes to get four contacts, and I was worried I'd have to leave before I got number four. 
Views of the Jurupa Hills, and the San Gabriel Mountains.

Talking with locals later, it sounds like that area is just not very good for VHF. Too low and far away from the chasers in LA, and not that many hams in the inland empire. Oh well, next time I'll leave more time for HF.
Back at the car it was a short drive over to the airport for my flight home. 

Trailhead: End of Lakeside Dr.
Website: SOTA Site.
Route: Walk up to the summit. You can see it from the end of the road.
Red Tape: None that I'm aware of.
Video: Coming Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment