Tuesday, July 13, 2021

W6/SC-456

 After activating Denk Mountain, I drove around to get this unnamed peak. I had planned to come a few weeks earlier, but some rental car troubles changed my plans. But now I was back and ready to rock.

Near the start of the trail.

The trailhead is on Ipai Court, near the bottom. The first half of the trail is a fire road, following some high voltage power lines. This section goes up and down a bunch, at times quite steeply. At the south end of the ridge, the trail makes a u-turn and starts going up.
Near the summit.

The final section is normal trail, but isn't steep. At the top is a flag and some decent views. I set up on a rock and strung out my antenna. Again, good service up here. 
San Diego suburbs.
 
I took the same trail back down. My sneakers were worn out, and that made some of the steep bits more "fun". But I made it back without slipping too much.

Trailhead: Ipai Court, near the bottom.
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA SOTA Hikes map.
Route: Take the trail under the power lines. At the south end, make a U-turn and head up to the summit.
Red Tape: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment