Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 26, 7-14

@White Mountains Lodge and Hostel,  0 miles

Today was very relaxing. I had scrambled eggs, hash browns, and a muffin for breakfast. On of my pairs of socks has a hole under the ball of each foot, so I got a ride into town to get a new pair. The hardware store/outfitter only had Darn Tough, so I got a pair. It says that they will replace the socks if they get a hole. Sounds like a challenge to me. The rest of the morning and afternoon was spent watching Planet Earth and reading. My legs and knees were grateful for the rest. John from Alabama arrived this afternoon. He said the SOBO bubble is another day behind him. I guess I am really hiking fast. It sure doesn't feel fast.

There was a WalMart run this evening and I got a watch and a few other things I needed. I got an eggplant parmesan from Mr Pizza for dinner. It was pretty good. I think everything will fit in my bag, but it will be tight until I eat some food. Climbing Moriah tomorrow morning will be tough with all the extra stuff. It's 9:30 and past my bed time, so I'm going to go shower then sleep. Want an early start to avoid the heat of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment