Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 27, 7-15

--> Carter Notch Hut, 15 miles

The breakfast this morning was just as good as it was yesterday. I managed to fit everything in my pack, and set off at 7:45. It was pretty flat for the first few miles, then a climb up Moriah. There was a great view from the top. It feels like I am home hiking in these hills. I went down to Imp Campsite to refill my water, then climbed up North Carter. It was steeper than I thought it would be. Between North and Middle Carder I ran into the Thyngs and Swansons. They say I've turned into a minor celebrity in Hollis.

The rest of the day was nice. The summit of Mt. Hight was nice, and had a better view than Carter Dome. I got a work for stay at the hut. I got to wash all of the dishes. I don't know how the croo at Lakes does it. It was a task to do it for only 20 guests. The good part was all of the food there was for dinner. My food bag is not any lighter but my stomach is happy. The hut is only half full so the croo let me sleep in a real bunk. I hope the rest of the crews are this nice. It's almost lights out, so I'm going to brush my teeth and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment