Monday, December 3, 2018

W4C/WP-012 Anderson Mountain

To quote the W4C association manager Pat, KI4SVM, "Anderson is a drive-up with no other redeeming qualities." This perfectly describes the mountain. It is easy to get to, at the top of Tower Road, right off of  Route 16. The road to the top get a bit rough in places, but is passable in any car.
Antenna setup on the summit.
I found a pullout on top, and set up next to the car. There was great cell service. It was raining lightly, so I didn't spend much time on top. I also wanted to leave enough time for the more interesting mountains I had planned for the day, Crowders Mounain and The Pinnacle. It was too foggy for there to be a view, but I don't think there'd be one even on a clear day. Now that I've done this summit, I never have to come back.

Trailhead: Top of Tower Road off of route 16.
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA SOTA Hikes map.
Route: Drive up to the top and setup.
Red Tape: None.

1 comment:

  1. Part way down the mountain there is a great view of Charlotte in the distance.

    ReplyDelete