Sunday, December 23, 2018

W6/NC-434 Bay Hill

After activating Pole Mountain, I stopped by Bay Hill on my way home. This is an easy drive up peak. There is a long pullout just before the high point if you're heading east on the road. I parked here, walked a short distance from my car, and set up.
Setup an the side of Bay Hill Road.
I still didn't know why my wire antennas weren't working, so I just put up the whip. After putting out a spot I got three contacts on 20. After calling a while on 30 I got number four. I tried 2m for a few minutes, and had a quick qso with a PG&E worker who was about to start his shift.
Not much of a view in the fog.
Only one car drove by while I was on top. Definitely not busy midweek. There was no reason to hang out on the side of the road on a foggy day, so I packed up and made my way through the traffic back home.

Trailhead: Pullout on Bay Hill Road.
Website: SOTA Site.
Maps: AA6XA SOTA Hikes map.
Route: Find somewhere safe to setup, off the road.
Red Tape: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment