Monday, September 10, 2018

W6/NE-015 Mt Bidwell

This was the last peak of my Warner Range trip. After spending the night at the Cave Lake Campground, I continued up the rough road to the trailhead.
Cave Lake at sunset.
A short distance up the trail I walked past Moonlight Mine, an abandoned mine.
The biggest building of the mine.

The privy was sinking into it's pit.
The road got rougher after this point, but it was easy to follow. Up at the top of the first hill there was a wet section, but I was able to get across without getting my feet wet. Some cows ran away as I hiked up.
Some of the cows on the way up.
The summit is fairly bare, but I found some rocks to support my pole. I got setup and got on the air. K6ARK had planned to do his goat activation, but I was too early to work him. I did a quick activation, then hiked back to the car. I had a long drive home ahead of me, and didn't want to get back too late.
Looking down at the mine.
Trailhead: Intersection of 2 and 48N21
Website: SOTA Site.
Route: Walk up the roads, past Moonlight Mine.
Red Tape: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment