Friday, September 7, 2018

W6/NE-292 Cedar Mountain

After activating Bald Mountain I continued along to get Cedar Mountain. The two peaks are connected by a ridge. The walk down to the col from Bald was pleasant, a wide, shallow ridge.
Looking at the descent from Bald.
Near the col, the cliffs start. Luckily they are not in the path, but they are nice to look at from the top as you hike along.
Some of the cliffs, on the east side of the ridge.
On the Cedar side of the col, the brush starts to pick up. It is not too dense, and didn't slow me down much. The last climb up to the summit is through the forest on a steep slope.
The summit is behind those pine trees.
It took me 45 minutes to traverse from Bald to Cedar. The summit is open, and there were a lot of flies buzzing around while I was up there. After taking a few pictures, I set up and got on the air. Plenty of cell service like most of the other peaks here. Once the chasers had been satisfied, I retraced my steps back over Bald and to the car, where I drove to Sugar Hill.
Summit of Cedar Mountain.
These two mountains are some of my favorites from this area of California. I wouldn't mind coming again to hike them.

Trailhead: Intersection of 46N30 and 44N67.
Website: SOTA Site.
Route: Take the road up to the ridge. Where the road ends, stay high on the ridge and continue up to the top.
Red Tape: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment